The Intersection of Adverse Childhood Experiences, Intimate Partner Abuse, and Substance Use Disorder
Join us Friday, September 29, 2017, from 9 am to 5 pm
Conference Center at the FSK Mall
5400 Holiday Drive
Frederick, MD 21703
Hosted by: Heartly House Inc., Mental Health Association of Frederick County, Wells House Inc., Frederick County Health Department, and United Way of Frederick County
Sponsored by: Precision Toxicology
Co-sponsored by: The Maryland Behavioral Health Administration’s office of Workforce Development and Training.
The Office of Workforce Development and Training is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for 6.5 Continuing
Education Units (Category I) for licensed social workers in Maryland; as a sponsor of 6.5 Continuing Education Units acceptable to the Maryland Board
of Examiners of Psychologists; and 6.5 Continuing Education Units (Category A) by the Maryland Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists, and
the Maryland Association of Prevention Professionals & Advocates upon completion of this training and a completed evaluation. The Office of
Workforce Development and Training maintains responsibility for this program.
Early Registration: $45.00
begins on August 25 – September 15
Regular Registration: $55.00
begins on September 16 – September 29
On-Site Registration: $65.00
Break Out Sessions
- Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) – Sadie Smith, MSW, Senior Health Consultant, The Mosaic Group
- Adverse Childhood Experiences – Anne Soule, Director, Family Support Services, Mental Health Association of Frederick County
- Neurofeedback: Communicating with a Brain on Fire – Lynn Davis, MS, Director, Child Advocacy Center of Frederick County
- LGBTQ Community and the Intersections – Peter Brehm, Maureen Connors and Em Perper, members of the Board of Directors, The Frederick Center, Inc.
- Telemedicine: The New Frontier – Dr. Chris Welsh, Medical Director-UMMC Substance Abuse Consultation Service; Medical Director-UMMC Comprehensive Recovery Program
- Is this the Night? – The Family Impact – Anne Marie Matulis, Director, Bristol County Massachusetts Regional Coalition for Suicide Prevention
- Serving the SUD/IPV Victim – Laurie Mc Neil, LCSW-C, Clinical Services Director, Heartly House, Inc.; Pam Collins, MS, LCADC, Clinical Supervisor, Wells House, Inc.
- Utilizing Clinical Drug Testing Analytics to Identify Trends in Behavioral Health – Dr. Jack Kain, Clinical Toxicologist, Precision Diagnostics