Heartly House, in partnership with Hood College, The Marriage Resource Center, Evangelical United Reformed Church of Christ, and Evangelical Lutheran Church invite spiritual leadership to attend the first Faith Leaders: United to End Domestic Violence Seminar. Learn and collaborate alongside leaders of faith in the Frederick community to develop a supportive response to concerns and disclosures of intimate partner abuse. Attendees do not need to be ordained; All persons interested in making change in their faith community are welcome!
Training topics will include:
- Defining intimate partner abuse and how to identify it.
- Common myths and misconceptions about intimate partner abuse.
- Examining various responses to domestic violence and the importance of an informed faith response.
- Proactive approaches to violence prevention in communities of faith.
- Local referrals and resources for survivors of intimate partner abuse.
For additional questions, contact Nina Carr, Outreach Coordinator, at email@example.com or 301-418-6610 ext. 231.