Crisis Worker Position
This position reports directly to the Crisis Services Director.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to work with a broad diversity of people and have a professional demeanor.
- Must be organized, responsible, reliable, professional, and punctual.
- Must be able to travel to meetings and trainings.
- BA or equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience.
- Crisis Intervention experience preferred.
- Successful completion of Heartly House training sessions.
- Requires some evening/weekend/holiday hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete general duties assigned to Crisis Workers
- Provide support, education on the dynamics of abuse, and referrals via the crisis hotline to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse.
- Respond to Lethality Assessment Program (LAP) calls and administer lethality screens and danger assessments while working with victims.
- Provide in-person crisis intervention sessions to victims.
- Be available to sheltered clients in crisis.
- Provide court and medical accompaniments as needed.
- Assist with data entry for statistical purposes as needed.
- Perform administrative duties, as necessary, and assist in maintaining the day-to-day functioning of the crisis hotline.
- Maintain relationships with other department staff, law enforcement, and other direct service agencies.
- Assist with other hotline-related tasks, as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Crisis Services Director, as needed.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to Shannon Jones, Crisis Services Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.