Shelter Worker Position
This is a part-time or substitute, non-benefitted, non-exempt position that reports directly to the Residential Services Director. Part-time positions open until filled. Substitute positions always available.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides shelter coverage and direct client services during isolated daytime, evening, and weekend shifts. Hours vary between 8am and 10pm.
- Conducts client screening and assessment for Shelter program. Teams with Residential Services Director or Lead Service Coordinator on eligibility.
- Completes all paperwork related to shelter intake/admittance
- Enforces shelter policies and procedures
- Provides crisis intervention to clients residing in shelter
- Mediates conflicts between clients residing in shelter
- Assists with inventory and management of food, shelter supplies, and donations as directed
- Maintains accurate client case records
- Completes funding statistics as assigned by Residential Services Director
- Maintains client confidentiality at all times
- Maintains shelter security at all times
- Attends staff and clinical meetings as employment schedule permits
- Adheres to Heartly House philosophy, policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by Residential Services Director
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in Human Services or related field. Experience in shelter settings preferred. Related practical experience may be substituted for a portion of education.
- Maturity, reliability, dependability
- Ability to assess situations, work independently, show initiative and flexibility in meeting client needs
- Must successfully complete Heartly House training within probationary period
Resumes and letters of interest may be sent to email@example.com. Please note whether you are interested in part-time or substitute employment.
Grants Fiscal Coordinator
This is a non-exempt full-time position that reports directly to the Finance Director. Salary Range: $34,000 – $45,000; 35-hour work week.
Heartly House, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization. We are the only organization in Frederick County, Maryland, that provides comprehensive services to survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, and child abuse. We have been providing these services since 1979.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with reviewing, processing, and getting grant award paperwork completed
- Document grant report and application due dates on the grants calendar
- Monitor grant spending by grant per budget line
- Keep up to date spreadsheets on grant spending for each grant using the awarded budget
- Ensure that grant funded expenditures are accurately coded in QuickBooks– make revisions as needed
- Answer grant budget questions
- Assist Finance Director with determining grant personnel allocations
- Complete initial draft of grant application budgets, write budget justifications, research budget item costs
- Participate in grant monitoring meetings as needed
- Inform Grants Manager and Program Directors of unspent grant funds and deadlines for spending
- Initiate grant budget modification requests – draft budget modification and narratives with assistance from Grants Manager
- Enter grant budget modifications in grant systems online
- Revise grant budgets in grant spreadsheets and inform Grants Manager/Directors after budget modifications are approved
- Draft grant fiscal reports for review, approval, and submittal.
- Create department grant budgets for Program Directors to reference
- Work with Program Directors and the Grants Manager on all phases of grant budgeting- development, monthly tracking and reporting.
- Review information with Finance Director on a monthly basis in a timely manner.
- AA or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Non-profit Management preferred
- 3 years’ experience in bookkeeping, accounting, and/or budgeting
- Preference for fiscal non-profit booking/accounting experience
- Professional communication skills in writing and in person
- Experience in Quick Books, Excel, and/or other accounting software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and related programs
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet multiple report deadlines
Resumes and letters of interest may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.