Community and National Resources
There’s a lot of information out there about intimate partner violence, sexual assault, child abuse, and human trafficking. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of trusted local, national, and online resources to aid you in your research and on your journey toward healing.
If you need immediate assistance,
please call 911.
24-Hour Hotline: 301-662-8800.
- Governor’s Office for Children
- Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence
- Child Advocacy Center of Frederick County
- Maryland Department of Social Services
- Mental Health Association
- The City of Frederick Police Department
- Frederick County Sheriff’s Office
- Thurmont Police Department
- The City of Brunswick Police Department
- Planned Parenthood, Frederick Health Center
- The City of Frederick Department of Housing and Human Services (formerly known as the Frederick Community Action Agency)
- The Religious Coalition for Emergency Human Needs
- Advocates for Homeless Families Inc.
- Maryland Legal Aid
- Frederick County Family Partnership
- Frederick County Health Department
- Frederick County Government TransIT
- Second Chances Garage
- Sheppard Pratt Way Station
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Prevent Child Abuse America
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN)
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center
- Child Welfare Information Gateway
- VAWnet by the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence
- National PREA Resource Center
- The National Center for Victims of Crime
Worried about your own behaviors?
I have grown more confident and stronger, and more self-supporting. All good things have been happening since I’ve been here! I feel great about myself, more happy, and peaceful. Everyone was supportive, knowledgeable, and always nice!
— SHELTER client