We’re hiring for Medical Accompaniment Advocates!
This is an on-call position. Must be willing to work evenings, holidays, and weekends. Crisis intervention experience is required.
Please submit resume and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interning at Heartly House is a great opportunity to develop career skills in a meaningful way. We offer internships at the undergraduate and graduate-level. Each internship requires a minimum commitment of one semester.
Undergraduate & Graduate Internships
Heartly House offers a range of internships for college credit. Most college-level internships require the completion of our comprehensive 40-hour direct service training.
Direct Service Intern
Provide direct service care to victims of intimate partner abuse, sexual assault and child abuse via the 24-hour hotline or within the counseling department. Assist with general office duties and complete a minimum of two agency assigned projects. Undergraduate Internships for any related major; no previous experience required. Must successfully complete the Heartly House 40-hour direct service training.
Heartly House is the sole provider of legal services to victims of domestic violence, child abuse, and sexual assault in Frederick County. The Intern will be present at Protective Order, Divorce, and Custody hearings. The Intern will also assist with case preparation and participate in witness interviews, and client consultations. Furthermore, the Intern will have the opportunity to draft Complaints for Divorce and/or Custody, Motions, Petitions of Contempt, and Discovery Requests and Responses. Opportunity limited to law students. Must successfully complete the Heartly House 40-hour direct service training.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to: Jenn Metcalf Tousey, email@example.com
Peace Program Intern
Heartly House is Frederick, Maryland’s only service center for all victims and survivors of intimate partner violence, sexual assault, child abuse, and human trafficking. Heartly House provides a cohesive continuum of care to clients such as crisis intervention through our 24-hour hotline, counselling services, legal aid, emergency shelter, community development and engagement, and prevention and education work.
Heartly House’s Prevention Education and Awareness through Compassion and Empowerment, or PEACE Program is a series of educational workshops, groups, series, and activities that focus on providing prevention education to children, youth, young adults, and youth adjacent individuals.
We will be requiring students to receive college credit to participate in the PEACE Program Spring 2021 Internship Program. This internship is unpaid.
PEACE Program Intern reports to: Youth Education and Prevention Coordinator
PEACE Program Interns will:
- Play an active role in Frederick’s only service center for victims and survivors of intimate partner violence,
sexual assault, child abuse, and human trafficking.
- Aid in developing and implementing workshops and educational content.
- Develop and implement community engagement presentations.
- Attend, co-facilitate, or lead PEACE Program events, series, and programs.
- Gain valuable professional skills while developing a voice as an advocate and leader.
- High School diploma required.
- In pursuit of undergraduate or graduate degree required.
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Demonstrated knowledge or interest in prevention education.
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- General computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) and G-Suite required. Experience with Zoom preferred.
Please send letter of interest and resume to AmyW@HeartlyHouse.org